My best friend is coming for a visit

 

My mood today is anticipatory. I just found out that my best friend is coming to visit. She lives in Pennsylvania, which is luckily not a state on the quarantine list. As you may have guessed, I live on Staten Island, on the outskirts of New York City.


I haven’t seen my best friend since before the pandemic started, and the last time she visited was in February. We have been best friends since grade school, and she only moved away about five years ago. I can't believe it has already been five years since she moved.


She moved because she wanted to live in a place with cleaner air, better schools, and just a better life for her and her kids. She is still married, unlike myself, to a clean cut guy who loves her dearly. They have four kids, and they will all be coming along, too.


It is going to be a truly crazy house for two weeks! It's quite alright, though. My kids adore her kids, especially my two boys. I have also heard whispers that one of my boys has a crush on her younger daughter, who is around three years younger than him. That makes it unfortunate that she lives so far away, but he is too young to date anyway.


She and I grew up together, and while most of our other friends moved far away, she only lives two hours away. I can hardly wait to see her again, and am super excited that she is coming back to her childhood hometown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Markisha's Mazing Mood Blog

My Mood Today Is Frustrated